A Profile Roasting workshop will be offered at Chocolate Alchemy Monday March 19, 2018 at our facility in Eugene Oregon.
The Seminar is geared toward professional bean to bar chocolate makers (of any size) with the intent of learning how to drum roast. Home and aspiring chocolate makers are welcome to attend. Previous experience roasting is suggested but no necessary.
The seminar will cover:
- Theory and practice of roasting profiles and drum roasting
- Hands on demonstrations and instruction
- Developing and modifying roasting profiles for target flavors.
- Comparative chocolate tasting of different roast profiles.
- In depth questions and answers.
The seminar limited to 12 people.
- 8:00 - 9:00 doors open. Feel free to arrive, talk, etc.
- 9:00-10:00 Roasting demonstration – developing the profile
- 10:00-11:30 Theory and science of roasting profile lecture
- 11:30-1:00 Modifying the profile with selected chocolate tasting
- 1:00-2:00 lunch(chicken mole burritos may be provided - TBD)
- 2:00-3:00 Q and A + more tastings of chocolate
- 3:00-5:00 – various roasting demonstrations and hands on roasting
- 5:00 - ?? Q and A
Adjourn for dinner.
Payment is non-refundable but is transferrable.
There is a Hampton Inn within walking distance that I will be speaking with about holding a block of rooms and maybe giving a discount.